These cookies turned out really well and stuck to my diet of egg, dairy and refined sugar free.
Ingredients (makes 12-15 cookies)
- 1 1/3 cup ground almonds or almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 tablespoon pysllium husk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut or palm sugar (optional-if sweeter is desired)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-2 teaspoons water (adjust for rolling into balls)
- 1/3 cup softened coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (for rolling)
- 2-3 tablespoons of your favourite jam (I recommend strawberry or raspberry)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare cookie tray.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients except shredded coconut.
- In a medium size bowl combine all wet ingredients except jam.
- Add shredded coconut to a plate.
- Add wet to the dry and mix just until combined.
- Roll into balls and add a little water if needed to help them stick together.
- Roll balls into the shredded coconut.
- With your thumb press into the middle of the ball creating a little dip. You may need to reshape your cookie to ensure it stays together.
- Add a little jam into each dip of your cookie balls.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in air tight container in the fridge or freezer.