- 1 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup raisins or currants
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet snap peas
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Avocado for on top (optional)
- Juice from 1 orange
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
- Cook rice according to the directions on the package.
- In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients, adding rice when cooked.
- In a small dish add all dressing ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir to fully combine.
- Serve warm or cold. It does taste better to have it sit for about an hour in order to allow the flavours to combine.