Ingredients (serves 4-5 people)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 7-9 strips of bacon cut into small pieces
- 1/2 thinly sliced large white cabbage
- 1 shredded small zucchini
- 1 shredded apple
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup cashews, pecans or walnuts (optional)
- In a large wok or frying pan, add oil and fry onion, garlic and bacon until it browns and onion is soft.
- Add mustard seeds, turmeric, cayenne and cabbage. Fry until cabbage is soft (about 10 minutes.)
- Add all remaining ingredients into the pan.
- Cook until apple and zucchini are soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve as is or place over a bed or rice.