- 1 head of cauliflower chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 grated zucchini
- 3-4 chopped gluten and nitrite free sausages (optional)
- 1 minced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- oil for frying
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Topping Ingredients (optional)
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil and fry onion and garlic until fragrant. Add sausage and fry until cooked.
3. Add cauliflower, carrots and zucchini.
4. Cook for 5-7 minutes until cauliflower is a little softer.
5. While the cauliflower is cooking whisk together all the sauce ingredients in a medium size bowl.
6. Add cooked cauliflower mixture to an oven safe casserole dish and pour sauce over top. Stir together to fully coat .
7. Mix together the topping and sprinkle on top of casserole.
8. Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes.