This is a quick, easy and healthy salad. This salad is a great summer side dish or can be eaten as a meal. If you want to make it ahead of time I suggest you cut up and add the avocado when it is time to serve or it may turn a bit brown.
- 1/2 juiced lemon
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 ripe diced avocados
- 2 ripe diced tomatoes
- handful fresh chopped basil (1/4 cup)
- 4 sprigs fresh chopped chives
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat feta cheese (optional)
- Combine lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small dish and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl combine avocados, tomatoes, basil, chives and feta. Pour lemon juice mixture stirring gently to fully coat.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 30 minutes. If you want to prepare ahead of time add the avocado in just before serving in order to prevent it from going brown.