Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Zucchini Chips (Dairy, Gluten and Sugar Free)

A healthy alternative to regular potato chips.  I make these in the dehydrator however they can be made in the oven as well; see step #3.   I like the combination of the dill and onion powder but will be experimenting with other flavours as well.

Ingredients
  • 3 zucchini's into thin slices
  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon dill

Directions
  1. If using oven preheat to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients.  Using your hands or a utensil mix ingredients until zucchini slices are fully coated.
  3. If using a dehydrator place in a single layer on sheets and dehydrate for 12 hours at 110F.  If using an oven  bake 13-15 minutes flip and then bake another 15 minutes watching carefully until thy have reached desired crispiness (is that even a word?)



4 comments:

  1. I think it is crispness lol but whatever works!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah you are probably right, English was not my major.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have these in the oven right now. I flipped them and set the timer for another 45 minutes. They were not crispy at all. I set the timer for another 20 minutes. They are still not crispy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know. I really appreciate the feedback. It has been a long time since I made them in the oven but have now tried again. I have made the corrections. They did turn out crispy just watch for burning as every oven is different.

      Delete