- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup teff flour
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds soaked in 3 tablespoons water*
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk guar gum or xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoon yeast (I use breadmaker yeast, not sure if it makes a difference)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup oil (I use coconut, olive or grapeseed)
- 1/4 cup natural sweetener (honey, agave or maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- In a medium size bowl combine all wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and beat on medium-high for 4 minutes.
- Put dough in a greased loaf pan and rise for 1 1/2 - 2 hours (see below.)
- Bake in an oven at 350F for 40-45 minutes.
* this acts as an egg replacer, I tried to cut down the number of eggs you could just use three eggs in this recipe
Ideas for Rising Bread -the slower and longer rising time the better
- Place a large bowl of boiled water on the bottom rack of an oven and place dough on rack above it.
- Preheat oven for 2-3 minutes then turn it off.
- Turn oven light on and let rise in oven.
- Put in fridge overnight -I haven't tried this but have heard good things about it.