- 1 small head of red cabbage cored and shredded
- 1/2 diced orange pepper or 3 stalks diced celery
- 2/3 cup balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, orange pepper and sunflower seeds.
- In a small bowl combine all remaining ingredients and then blend into cabbage mixture.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour for vegetables to absorb the dressing.
* depending on size of cabbage you may need to increase the amount of dressing for the salad