- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or other natural sweeteners
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum or xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup ground coconut
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten, dairy free chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease cookie sheets.
- In a small bowl, mix flax seeds with apple sauce, maple syrup, coconut oil and vinegar.
- In a medium size bowl mix all remaining ingredients.
- Add flax, apple sauce mixture to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into balls and flatten onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
* Enjoy Life and President's Choice chocolate chips are both dairy and gluten free. The President's Choice chips contain sugar where as the Enjoy Life chips contains evaporated cane juice.