- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 celeriac root chopped or 2 stalks celery
- 3 cups chopped broccoli with stems chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 3 cups water or half water and half unsweetened almond mik
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Over medium heat with oil, sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, celery, water, cashews and spices.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Purée together until very smooth.
Adapted from Meghan Telpner the Blog:
Telpner, M. 2010, "Cream (of Brocolli)...Get On Top", Meghan Telpner the blog [online] available at