- 1 cup quinoa (soak for 1-2 minutes, then rinse to remove the bitter saponin coating)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped mango (fresh or from frozen)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon ume plum vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon organic apple juice
- In a small pot heat 1 teaspoon olive oil, add quinoa, curry powder and cinnamon. While stirring the quinoa constantly, let it fry for 2 -3 minutes to bring out its flavours. Add water and and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let it cook for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- In a medium size bowl combine mango, sunflower seeds, raisins, vinegar, olive oil and apple juice.
- Add cooked quinoa to medium bowl and stir to fully coat.
- Serve warm or cold. It tastes great either way.
Post a Comment