Sunday, October 21, 2012

Banana Bread (Dairy, Gluten/Grain and Refined Sugar Free)

This bread has a lot of flavour and has a great texture.  It is high in protein and doesn't leave a "heavy
 feeling in your digestive system due to it's lack of grains.   I didn't make this very sweet so if you prefer it a sweeter bread do increase the honey.  I used almond meal but you could use almond flour but you may need to increase the liquid amount.

Ingredients
  • 1 1/3 cup ground almond meal
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 mashed bananas
  • 1/4 cup honey (or to taste)
  • 1/4 cup non diary milk (I used coconut)
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a loaf pan
  2. In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth or place all ingredients in a large bowl and use a hand blender until smooth.
  3. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.


5 comments:

  1. This is delicious! I just discovered your website from Pinterest and I'm excited to try all the rest of your recipes!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this loaf tonight and it was excellent! I also added some carob chips at my son's request. The whole family enjoyed it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This loaf tasted amazing. I used chia seeds instead of eggs, coconut milk and coconut oil and added in some chopped walnuts. I have made a few gluten/diary/egg baked treats and this one is the best by a long shot. Even my husband who loves "normal" cakes and hates my attempts at baking declared this one a winner. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you use buckwheat flour instead of coconut flour?

    ReplyDelete