Red Fife flour has not been altered by synthetic compounds, chemicals or GMO's. We enjoy its flavour and find it be a great flour for breads and hearty muffins. It is definitely a great compliment to the apple and spices in these muffins. We enjoyed these for breakfast or as a snack with a cup of tea!
Ingredients (makes about 9 muffins)
- 3/4 cup organic red fife flour
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 3/4 tablespoon flax seed in 3 tablespoons water and let sit for 2 minutes (flax egg)
- 1 cup shredded or chopped apple (1 medium size apple)
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare muffin tray.
- In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients.
- A medium size bowl add all the wet ingredients including the apple.
- Stir to combine and then add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to fully combine.
- Scoop into muffin tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.