The lime cilantro dressing is nice and fresh with a bit of sweet. As I have mentioned before, cilantro plays a important role in removing heavy metals and other toxins from our bodies. It is also high in folic-acid, vitamin C and A. Although my girls definitely prefer my Maple Balsamic Dressing they did enjoy this one as well. We hope you do too.
For the Salad:
- 4-5 cups shredded kale
- 1 medium size sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 beets, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
For the Dressing:
- 1 juiced lime
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In an oven safe dish add beets and coat with a little olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes. In the mean time coat the sweet potatoes with olive oil.
- Add sweet potatoes to beet dish and roast another 20 minutes or until at desired consistency. Set aside.
- Combine all remaining salad ingredients and add roasted beets and sweet potatoes.
- Puree all dressing ingredients. The dressing can be added ahead of time to allow the kale to break down or set aside and use as desired.