- lemon juice -1 tablespoon for 4 cups kale (optional)
- diced vegetables of choice (cucumber, peppers, tomatoes)
- sunflower seeds
Maple Dressing Ingredients
- 1 part olive oil
- 1 part pure maple syrup (or less if you don't want it too sweet)
- 3 parts balsamic vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
For example (1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 3 tablespoons vinegar)
- Bunch the kale on the cutting board and take a sharp knife and cut into shreds.
- Pour lemon juice over kale and mix together with your hands. This breaks down the kale a bit. It doesn't need to be done but I like a softer kale.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Mix up the salad dressing and pour over the salad 1 hour before serving. Letting it sit will break down the kale making it softer.
My oldest loves this salad so much she frequently requests it for lunch.
It takes very well when layered in a mason jar with the dressing poured first on the bottom.