- 1 cup quinoa (soaked for 2 minutes and rinsed to remove bitter saponin coating)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken (optional)
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1/4 cup salsa -this is one of our favourites (optional)
- In a small pot add quinoa, water, taco seasoning and chicken if you using it. Bring to a boil and then turn to a medium heat and cook another 10 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Stir every few minutes.
- In medium size bowl combine tomatoes, pepper and parsley.
- Add cooked quinoa to vegetable bowl and stir to combine.
- Add avocado and salsa when serving. This salad can be eaten warm or cold.