Cocoa powder, found in most store bought chocolate bars, has been roasted at a high temperature, thus killing most beneficial enzymes. Raw cocao is made by cold-pressing raw cocoa beans, therefore keeping the enzymes alive. So, go ahead have your raw chocolate and eat it too. I know I am.
Ingredients (makes 10-12 servings)
- 1/2 cup raw cocao or cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoon honey or maple syrup (depending on desired sweetness)
- pinch of sea salt
- In a small pan, warm coconut oil just until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cocao, honey and sea salt.
- Pour into molds etc.
- Set in fridge or freezer until firm. (It will firm in freezer in about 30 minutes)