Friday, January 10, 2014

Recipe Fails

I had a friend over this week and was experimenting with a cookie recipe just before she came. Needless to say it was not a successful recipe and the cookies ended up more like pancakes.  We had a good laugh and decided to eat them anyway just in a bowl with a spoon.  I realized I have A LOT of fails in the kitchen and figured it might be fun to show you some of them.  Here are just a few of the fails I have had and these are only in the last couple of days!
Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies?

I am so thankful to have a family who will pretty much each anything.  Since we changed our eating habits before the girls were born, they are used to a lot of "interesting" dishes.  They will eat pretty much everything. Our oldest has coined a phrase for "mush bars."  Mush bars are simply bars I have tried to create that didn't set in the least and well look like mush.  She seems to think this is normal and will even take her mush bars to school ;)

An example of one of my "mush" bar fails
These are suppose to be biscuits?

I have to thank my mother in law for raising a son in a home where food was prepared and meant to be eaten.  Dan will eat anything I make and will always tell me it is good even though I know it really isn't at all.  There has only been one meal which he didn't finish and didn't go back for seconds.  I had experimented a while ago with thickening a stew using psyllium husk and I accidentally put in way too much husk.  The stew literally turned into a jello and needed a knife to separate the pieces.  On the bright side, it was easy to clean up as it literally slid out clean from the pot.
Cutting out gluten or grains and adding in more nutrition doesn't always come easy, but I figure at least I am trying.
Much success to you.
Irene


1 comment:

  1. Irene, I love that you shared these :) I am always so impressed by your creativity, and it's nice to see that you don't always get it right the first time!

    ReplyDelete