Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Roasted Cauliflower (Dairy, Gluten and Sugar Free)

I will admit that cauliflower is not one of my favourite vegetables, but since I like to eat a variety of foods, I do make it once and a while.  Cauliflower is a good source of vitamin C, K, B6 and fibre.  I did enjoy this dish, the cauliflower did not get mushy and had some great flavour.  I also found that it didn't smell strong during roasting which is one of the things I don't enjoy about cooking this vegetable.  I will definitely be making it again.

Ingredients

  • 1 head cauliflower chopped into bite size pieces
  • 2 cloves diced garlic
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or to taste
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 425F.
  2. In a large bowl add cauliflower, oil and garlic.  Stir to coat.
  3. In a small dish, combine all other ingredients and add to cauliflower.
  4. Stir cauliflower and ingredients, until the cauliflower is fully coated.
  5. Place cauliflower into a oven safe dish.
  6. Roast for 20-25 minutes stirring 1-2 times in between roasting.



1 comment:

  1. im making this for my mom right now! she cant have dairy, wheat, or sugar so she is upset that she cant eat much...so im making this for her

    ReplyDelete