- 8 organic chicken pieces
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup soaked pitted prunes in 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup white wine*
- 1/2 cup capers with juice (125 ml jar)
- 6 bay leaves
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup pitted Spanish olives
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley or cilantro (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients except fresh parsley/cilantro and marinate with chicken in the fridge for at least 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large or two baking dishes place chicken and marinate. Ensure that the chicken is not overlapping, but in a single layer and the marinate mainly on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve over rice with fresh parsley/cilantro.
* wine does contain sulphites, however organic wine does have less as sulphur dioxide has not been added to the process