- 1 cup quinoa (soak for 1-2 minutes, then rinse to remove the bitter saponin coating)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil for toasting quinoa
- 3 cups water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (could probably use red wine vinegar, or white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon herbamare or a combination of salt/pepper
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 1 chopped sweet bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- In a small pot heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and add quinoa. While stirring the quinoa constantly, let it fry for 2 -3 minutes to bring out its flavours. Add water and and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let it cook for 10-15 minutes until tender. Cool.
- In a large bowl combine all remaining ingredients.
- Add cooled and cooked quinoa to the large bowl. Stir to coat. Let sit in the fridge for at least one hour to absorb all the flavours.