These chips are an wonderful way to enjoy this awesome vegetable. They can be made in a dehydrator, keeping them raw or in your oven.
- 1 large bunch kale
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, flax seed oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agave syrup or any other natural sweeteners
Add garlic salt, dill or cayenne
- Preheat oven to 300F and line two baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the leaves from stems and tear them into large bite size pieces (they will shrink considerably once baked.)
- In a large bowl mix kale, oil, and salt. Using your hands mix all ingredients together making sure to fully coat the kale. The kale will shrink down in size.
- Pour your sweetener over the kale and mix again using your hands to fully coat the leaves.
- Lay kale out on your prepared baking sheets, making sure they do not overlap.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes checking frequently to make sure they don't burn or dehydrate at 115F for 8 hours.