You can find nutritional yeast in the spices section at the Bulk Barn, health food store or in the health food aisle of larger grocery stores (Bob's Red Mill.) This seasoning is free from chemicals but not flavour!
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- Combine all ingredients. If you have larger flake nutritional yeast, use a blender or bean grinder to bring it to a powdered form.
- Sprinkle as desired on popcorn.
Want a simple, healthy and cheaper way to make popcorn?
- Poor enough olive oil or grapeseed oil into a pan until the bottom is covered. Add three kernels to the pot and set to medium heat with the lid on top.
- Once kernels have begun popping add more kernels (1/4-1/2 cup) and set lid ajar so only a little heat can escape.
- Shake pan periodically and wait until kernels begin to pop. Once they have slowed down, remove from heat and let the remaining kernels pop.