- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cored and diced head of cauliflower
- 1 peeled and diced sweet potato
- 2 washed and diced carrots
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond, coconut or rice milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Heat oil in a small skillet and cook onions for 3 minutes, add garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- In a large pot add cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, nutmeg, cinnamon, cooked onion and garlic. Heat to medium and stir to coat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 20-30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Purée, add milk and heat.
- Serve with parsley on top.