- 1 1/2 cup quinoa (soak for 1-2 minutes, then rinse to remove the bitter saponin coating)
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup shredded red pepper
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (fresh or from frozen)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup shreded unsweetened coconut
- 1 lemon juiced (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- sea salt to taste
- Add quinoa and water to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let it cook for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Heat a frying pan and add cashews, pumpkin seeds and coconut. At a low medium heat, stir frequently and let roast 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- To create the dressing, in a small dish add lemon juice, olive oil, ginger and sea salt and wisk.
- In a medium size bowl combine red pepper, pineapple, cilantro and chives/green onions.
- Add dressing to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Add cooked quinoa to medium bowl and stir to fully coat.
- Serve warm or cold. It tastes great either way.