Thursday, January 11, 2018

Protein Energy Ball Cookies (Dairy, Gluten, Grain and Refined Sugar Free)

I am back!  I know it has been a long while since I posted.  Life has been moving a long and my family has been my priority.  December was full of selling my Limestone Living products, toilet training and Christmas.
I admit I indulged in too much chocolate this holiday and my body is craving sugar!  It has been tough to get through.  I am trying to cut it all out but have resorted to a few healthier options for those low moments.  This week I made my Black Bean Fudge and today my little guy and I created these energy "cookies."He was very delighted to help and I had a hard time keeping him from eating way too many.  These balls will keep in the fridge or freezer and make an excellent breakfast or snack!

Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter or any nut butter
  • 1/3 cup ground flax seed
  • 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut + extra for rolling
  • 1/2 cup hemp hearts, sunflower seeds or other seeds
  • 1/2 cup ground pumpkin seeds
  • 1/3 cup honey or apple sauce
  • 1/3-1/2 cup protein powder 

Directions
  1. Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
  2. Roll into balls and roll again into coconut if desired.
  3. Store in air tight container in fridge of freezer.


No comments:

Post a Comment