This recipe is an adaptation from recipe from Wheatless in India. These are really simple to make and easy to adapt with different spices for flavour. We have enjoyed these warm out of the oven or cold the next day. We hope you enjoy them as well.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup softened coconut oil
- 1/3 cup organic plain yogurt or non-dairy plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup organic cheese or daiya cheese
- 3-5 drops stevia (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives (optional)
Directions (makes 6-7 biscuits)
- Preheat oven to 400 F and prepare baking sheet-I use stoneware, so no greasing was needed.
- In a medium size bowl combine flour, baking soda and onion powder.
- Cut in the coconut oil and mix until crumbling.
- Add in yogurt, cheese, stevia and chives and stir until fully combined.
- Batter will be sticky.
- Scoop onto baking sheet about 1/4 cup size.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.