Wednesday, October 08, 2014

DIY Homemade Foam Hand Soap (Chemical Free)

I am always trying to save money and live with less chemicals.  I have another recipe for hand soap but there is something fun about foam soap, especially for the kids ;)  I used some vitamin E in this recipe to help protect the skin and keep it moist.  I have seen recipes which use almond oil, fractionated coconut oil and/or Aloe Vera juice.

Do ensure you are using pure essential oils without any synthetic additives.  I like orange as it has antibacterial properties and smells great but I have also used melaleuca, peppermint, lemon and/or lavender.
* I can make a bottle of soap for about $0.75 or less.

Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons liquid castile soap (I use Dr.Bronner's)
  • 10-15 drops essential oils of choice (I like the citrus oils or lavender)
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil, aloe vera, fractionated coconut oil or almond oil (optional)
  • filtered water

Directions
  1. Add ingredients into empty hand soap container in order listed.
  2. Add the water to fill bottle to the top leaving room to add the foam dispenser.
  3. Shake lightly.
  4. Use 1-2 pumps as needed.

*Large Batch
  • 6 cups water
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons liquid castile soap
  • 2 tablespoons vitamin E oil, aloe vera, fractionated coconut oil or almond oil (optional)
  • 1/4 cup vegetable glycerin (optional)
  • 60-80 drops essential oils


2 comments:

  1. The oils that you add in. Is it one or all of them?
    Listed are the vit E oil, aloe ect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, good question. I have corrected the post. It is one of them not all.

      Delete