I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound stewing or ground beef
- 1 diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (or 1 cup diced with 1 cup tomato puree)
- 1/2 large diced cabbage
- 4 cups homemade or MSG free broth
- 3 diced carrots
- 3 stalks diced celery
- 1 cup diced okra (optional)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- handful fresh parsley
- In a large pot or dutch oven heat oil and fry onions for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and beef and cook until beef is brown.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except parsley.)
- Bring to boil then turn to low and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add parsley and cook another 5 minutes.