I really think variety is important in our diet. We eat a variety of fruits and vegetables but I also like eating a variety of grains. I saw these Millet Puffs in the store the other day and was reminded of bars I used to make. In the past I used nut butter but I wanted these to be safe for school so I used coconut oil instead. Very tasty!
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups puffed millet
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 c ground flax seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Grease an 8 x 8 dish.
- In small pot bring honey and coconut oil to a boil. Let boil for 5-7 minutes then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine puffed millet, coconut, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and flax seeds.
- Pour coconut oil/honey sauce over millet mixture and stir to fully combine.
- Add chocolate chips and stir them into the millet mixture. (If your coconut oil is too warm, the chocolate chips will melt in)
- Flatten into prepared dish.
- Cover and let harden in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into bars and serve.
- Store in sealed container in the fridge.