- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 2-3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 pound stewing beef
- 4-5 diced carrots
- 2-3 diced parsnips
- 1 pound diced mushrooms
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak spice
- 1-2 cups broth or water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a dutch oven heat oil and fry onion until fragrant. Add garlic and fry another minute.
- Add beef and give cook just until browned on the outside stirring continually.
- Add all additional ingredients and place pot in oven.
- Cook for approximately 60 minutes or until vegetables are tender.