Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Apple Chips in the Dehydrator

I had to figure out a away to use up some left over apples.  This was definitely a good way to use them up and enjoy them n a different way.  I do like using the dehydrator as it keeps the food raw.  I imagine you could do these in the oven but I am not sure at what heat or for how long.  Do let me know if you have a recipe as I will add it to this post.
Ingredients

  • Your favourite apples cored and peeled if you prefer (I didn't peel mine)
  • Cinnamon
  • Palm sugar (optional)

Directions
  1. Slice apples to approximately 1/8 inch thickness.
  2. Place apple slices in a bowl and shake on desired about of cinnamon and sugar, stirring to coat.
  3. Line apple slices onto dehydrator sheets ensuring they are not covering each other.
  4. Dehydrate at 110 F for 10-12 hours.
  5. Store in a air tight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment