What to do with overripe bananas? If you are like me, you end up putting them in your freezer to use in baking...someday. If you are even more like me, you will get an army of frozen overripe bananas in your freezer. Here is a solution, and one without grains or starches. I love this recipe as it has tonnes of protein, giving your body lots of energy for the day. These muffins make a great snack (even safe for school) or a great breakfast.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (just under a 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare muffins pan.
- In a blender or using an immersion blender combine all ingredients and puree until smooth.
- Pour into prepared muffin pans about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge.