(makes about 8 biscuits)
- 1 1/2 cup soaked and cooked navy beans (for soaking and cooking see below)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (half orange)
- 1/3 unsweetened hemp milk or alternative non dairy milk
- 1/4 cup honey, agave or any natural sweeteners
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, grapeseed or olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax or chia seeds soaked in 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a baking sheet.
- Purée beans, orange juice, honey oil and milk. Add all remaining ingredients and mix until well blended. (If you are using a blender, you may not want to add the raisins but stir them in later.)
- Dropped approximately 1/3 cup size mounds of batter onto a greased baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes.