A bone broth has a lot of benefit for our bodies. There are a lot of nutrients in the bones which are vital in promoting a healthy digestive system. Bone broth is an excellent support for our adrenal glands, teeth and circulatory system. I love this recipe as it is just cooks all day in the crock pot. The longer the bones are cooked the more nutrients are expressed and thus the better the broth becomes for your own health.
You could make this recipe on the stove as well, I would just let it simmer in a large pot for a few hours. I use this broth for soup, casseroles, risotto, sauces, pot pie and stir fry.
- 1 chicken carcass or chicken bones
- 1 diced onion
- 3 cloves sliced garlic
- 3-4 chopped carrots
- 2 chopped celeriac bulbs or 3-4 stalks celery
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (to help bring out the calcium)
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot, putting in enough water to cover the carcass.
- Let broth cook 8-10 hours on medium.