Thursday, October 04, 2012

Cinnamon Grain Free Muffins (Dairy, Gluten/Grain and Refined Sugar Free)

I love these muffins for breakfast.  They are high in protein, taste awesome and keep well in the fridge.  They are filling enough to keep you going for the morning.  I used a ground almond meal but I am sure you can use almond flour with perhaps a little less milk.

Ingredients (makes about 10 muffins)
  • 1 cup almond meal
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1 tablespoon ground chia or flax seeds
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
  • 1/3 cup coconut or grapeseed oil
  • 1/4 cup dairy free milk (I used coconut)
  • 1/3 cup maple syrup or other natural sweeteners

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F and grease or line muffin tins.
  2. In a large bowl combine almond meal, coconut flour, ground chia, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
  3. In a small bowl combineggs, vanilla, oil, milk and sweetener.
  4. Add egg mixture to large bowl and mix until fully combined.
  5. Fill tins 3/4 way full.  Bake for 30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.





3 comments:

  1. I had a couple of my girlfriends over for breakfast. One friend can't eat gluten, the other friend doesn't eat dairy, and I don't eat sugar. So, they met all of our dietary needs! :) The muffins were a hit! We were all impressed with how moist they were....and I just noticed (because I'm about to make them, again)that I totally forgot to put coconut or grapeseed oil in them, the first time! They turned out just fine, the first time. I used honey, instead of maple syrup, and didn't need to bake them the full 30 minutes. Thanks for the great recipes! I've referred your site to several people, already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your amazing recipes! I just want to confirm with step 3, is this also the point where we add the oil?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nicole, yes that is correct and I have made the changes onto the recipe. Thanks for looking out for me ;)

    ReplyDelete