I made this salad with only half the cabbage so do double the recipe if you want to use the whole head.
Ingredients (serves 3-4 side dishes)
- 1/2 white cabbage head shredded
- 2 shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 diced sweet bell pepper (optional)
- 1 shredded apple
- 1/3 cup ground sunflower seeds or 1/3 cup sunflower seed butter and omit 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut vinegar or rice vinegar
- 4 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon gluten free tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or sesame seed oil
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, carrots, onion, bell pepper and apple.
- In a small bowl combine ground sunflower seeds, vinegar, stevia, lemon juice, tamari, salt, cayenne pepper, and olive oil.
- Add contents of small bowl into the large bowl with the cabbage. Stir to fully combine.
- Let sit for 30 minutes in covered in fridge to absorb flavours.
I made this salad a few weeks ago as well and my oldest daughter loved it so much she asked if she could have her picture taken with it so that people could see that it is really good. So here she is, looking so sweet with her salad ;)