Thursday, June 21, 2012

Brewed Iced Tea (Naturally Sweetened)

I have to admit I am not one to order ice tea.  I don't care for how sweet it is and it generally has caffeine from black tea which my body doesn't handle well.  I love green tea but it seems so hot to drink it the way I normally like it.  So I got creative.  Feel free to use your own combinations.  I am going to experiment with herbal teas next

Ingredients
  • 2 bags organic green tea
  • 1 bag organic peppermint tea
  • 5 basil leaves
  • 3 drops liquid stevia
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • lemon slices (optional)

Directions
  1. Boil 1 litre of water.
  2. In a large pitcher add tea bags, basil, stevia and honey.
  3. Add boiled water to pitcher and let sit until it reaches room temperature.  Once at room temperature you can place it in your fridge.
  4. Serve over ice with lemons if you prefer.




No comments:

Post a Comment