Friday, March 30, 2012

All Purpose Spray Cleaner (Chemical Free and Environmentally Friendly)

I like to use this cleaner for counter tops, sinks, walls, spills and more.  It is effective for most dirt and grime and wipes up clean without leaving a residue.

Ingredients
  • 3 cups hot water
  • 1/3 cup castile soap
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons tea tree oil
  • 10 drops essential oil (optional -I used lavender)
Directions
  1. Fill up an empty spray bottle and shake.
  2. You may want to shake every so often if it hasn't been used in awhile.  For tougher dirt (baked on), let sit for a couple of minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Irene,

    I just recently found your blog! Is this cleaning product good for wood floors? I have a cat who occasionally gets hairballs and I'm looking for something to use to disinfect the floor afterward that is safe for floors, won't leave a residue, and is safe.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have used it on our floors but I would dilute it as it will leave streaks. I would say a tablespoon or two in a pail of water. I tend to just use vinegar and water on my hardwood floors for a regular cleaning. We have a dog and I am a bit particular with my floors. They haven't been affected by either form of cleaning.

    ReplyDelete