- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (for soaking and cooking peas see below)
- 2 teaspoons coconut, olive or grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease a large baking sheet or dish.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients, stirring to fully coat the chickpeas.
- Spread chickpeas out on prepared dish.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until chickpeas are crunchy and no longer soft in the middle.
- Add additional honey if you prefer and allow to cool.
Soaking and Cooking Beans or Peas
*I generally cook extra beans and freeze the remaining. The method below will create approximately 4-5 cups of beans.
Option 1-soaking then boiling (more environmental, slower)
- In a large bowl add 2 cups dry beans, rinse with water and remove any poor looking beans. Add 6 cups fresh cold water to cleaned beans.
- Let soak for 6-8 hours on counter.
- Rinse beans and place in a large pot. Add 6 cups fresh water to the pot and bring to a boil. Tilting the lid a little let the beans simmer for 1 -2 hours depending on the bean.
- In a large pot add 2 cups dry beans, rinse with water and remove any poor looking beans.
- Add 7 cups fresh water to cleaned pot and bring to a boil, turn off and let sit for 1 hour
- Rinse beans again and add 6 cups fresh water to the pot and bring to a boil. Tilting the lid a little let the beans simmer for 1 -2 hours depending on the bean.