* These are the ingredients I used, however they can be adapted using your own preference of vegetables and meats. The rice should be cooked ahead of time to allow for cooling time.
Ingredients (3-4 people)
- 1 1/2 cups short white grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 ripe avocados *
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 salmon fillet or 1 can of salmon
- 1 small bowl of water
- Soak rice for one hour in water then cook until boiling. Turn off heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Finally ensure that the rice is chilled.
- Slice 1 avocado, both peppers and cucumber into thin long slices.
- Take remaining avocado and mash together with salmon and lime juice.
- Using a bamboo mat or parchment paper, lay one Nori sheet on top and lightly sprinkle with water.
- With wet hands spread 1/4 cup of rice onto the bottom half of sheet. Lay 2 tablespoons of salmon mixture in a strip across the rice. Place 1-2 strips of vegetables on top of the salmon.
- Roll the nori roll tightly from the bottom up using the mat or parchment paper to make a tight roll. Seal the end of the roll by wetting the last 1/2 inch of the nori sheet and continuing to roll. Slice with a sharp knife making 1 inch slices.
* 1 avocado will be used to mash with the salmon however it can be replaced with mayonnaise or other sauces